nod666
Welcome to your doom.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

nod666
Welcome to your doom.
nod666
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I will be keeping a very close eye on this game too

2 posters

Go down

I will be keeping a very close eye on this game too Empty I will be keeping a very close eye on this game too

Post  Mr Nay Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:51 am

I will be keeping a very close eye on this game too 5696973256_8ce94797c5_b

What you know...

You are not in your own body. You can remember snatches of your past, of a heavenly existence, and of a terrible fall from grace, but no more. This place is only fleetingly familiar.

What you have been told...

The thing that calls itself Ghede has told you that you were once something more than human; you were a god, a post-human, one of the Loa.

You and your fellows carved worlds from pure matter, danced in the corona with suns and created life as playthings. You moulded the very stars themselves, and held worlds in the palm of your hand. Your world was called the Understar – a paradise beyond this reality. Separated from the material realm, your kind found delight in watching and manipulating the lesser beings trapped in a material existence on the Flame Worlds, playthings created for your pleasure. You called it Dreaming, an endless source of entertainment and intrigue.

But times change. You committed a crime.

A terrible crime, one that stood against all that your peers believed in. And for that you were thrown out, ejected, cast down to the lower worlds, named an Exile. Now the Understar seems little more than a vague memory that slips through your fingers.

But there is hope. Ghede, the force that represents the Understar in the material reality, has offered you a chance to return home. All you must do is walk these lesser worlds performing tasks as required by your new master, and in doing so find a way to resolve the guilt of your crime. What you seek is forgiveness and a return to the Understar. Under Ghede’s guidance you invoke your one-time comrades, the Loa, and through them reveal more of your home and your past. Doing so risks psychosis, but Ghede gives you the black pills it keeps to help with that, as long as you are good.

This is where you are – the Flame Worlds, a hazily remembered place of death and intrigue, among billions of souls trapped in this mundane existence. You and your fellow Exiles must accept Ghede’s offer, and meet others of your kind to do his bidding. What will you discover among the Flame Worlds? Who knows, but if it ends your exile, it is worth it.

In Flames is a science fiction role-playing game of action, adventure, psychosis and discovery utilising a variant of the D6 system.

In Flames is a Digest/Novel sized book.

In Flames

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Back to top Go down

I will be keeping a very close eye on this game too Empty Re: I will be keeping a very close eye on this game too

Post  Mr Nay Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:15 pm

Here is a preview check out the puppet on the last page.
It looks like In Flames will have some nice toys. I may finally have a transhumanist game I can actually play, lol.

I will be keeping a very close eye on this game too EmberseriescombatPuppet
Ember Series Combat Puppet

I will be keeping a very close eye on this game too Uplift
An Uplift

Last edited by Mr Nay on Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:33 am; edited 3 times in total

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Back to top Go down

I will be keeping a very close eye on this game too Empty Re: I will be keeping a very close eye on this game too

Post  Mr Nay Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:49 pm

Here is a review that sheds a bit more light on the game.

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Back to top Go down

Post  cro5point Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:27 am

Yeah that looks really cool, i like the art work, but i don't see how you could really play it more than once. unless thats just one of the race descriptions then that makes it a whole different game.
cro5point
cro5point
Admin

https://nod666.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nay Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:00 pm

I think it would have a fair bit of replay value, as your character - the exile can be possessing any body on any one of the worlds and the players define what the alternate reality they came from is like and what the crime they committed, while in playing the game.
Here is a thread on rpg.net with the writer popping in to answer questions
In Flames thread

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nay Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:02 pm

I got it on Friday, the whole thing feels like a a cross between Starwars, Dune and Eclipse Phase, with Dune dominating.
The Flame Worlds are the setting, an alien solar system populated by humans, uplifts and puppets. It has some awesome planets and interestingly twisted societies.
Everyone has an implant that allows them to link to the ever present com-nets and many have additional cybernetic and/or genetic augmentations.

The Exiles are cool.
Even though they are former godlike post-human loa shoved into a human host, the only really unusual ability they have is the ability to channel other loa.
This allows them to pull off superhuman feats at the risk of dislocating their post-human minds from the host body.
Apart from channelling loa, having almost none of the host's original memories and working for a non-human being; the Exile is a normal citizen of the Flame Worlds.

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Back to top Go down

Post  cro5point Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:36 pm

yeah this sounds great, i would love to play. how does the system work, dice based?
cro5point
cro5point
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nay Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:36 pm

Yup dice based. The system is called D6, and it uses, guess what... D6s, lol.
It is pretty rules-lite, I would say around the same level of complexity as Atomic Highway's V6 engine.

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Back to top Go down

Post  cro5point Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:19 pm

cool im really liking these d6 systems very straight forward and i like using heaps of dice.
cro5point
cro5point
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nay Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:47 pm

Yeah that is the way I feel too. This is meant to be fun, not trade school.
There are a couple of free d6 games floating around the net D6 Space and Septimus

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Back to top Go down

Post  cro5point Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:51 am

do you have them, if so put them in the dropbox
cro5point
cro5point
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nay Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:56 am

I think they are already in there. I have been given an In Flames supplement for uplifts but I cant get it out of my mailbox it has been locked due to spam.

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nay Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:54 am

I got into my mailbox, finally. Here is the finished cover for the supplement.

I will be keeping a very close eye on this game too 321030

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down