nod666
Welcome to your doom.

FALLING SKIES 001 (cyber generation)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FALLING SKIES 001 (cyber generation)

Post  cro5point on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:11 am

Setting
Night city, year 2035 November 23rd
The Carbon plague that had terrorised humanity for half a decade now more commonly know as Cp suddenly stopped spreading in the year 2032, this was much to the puzzlement of the scientific community who predicted Cp to kill off 50% of the worlds population by the year 2035. But 5 years into the plague epidemic it just stopped spreading. As the last new case of Cp was reported 15Th of October 2032 but By this time Cp had killed 30% of the world population leaving it heavily over balance with a teen age to young adult population.
Virtuality is now fully integrated into main stream society every part of life has some form of augmented reality interface.Basic Virtuality interface goggles are supplied by most major brands for free (aways supporting there water mark 3d logo of the company on the bottom corner of the interface screen.) but most youths support wetware implants behind the ear which directly connects there sensory system to Virtuality this is a fairly cheap procedure (normally around 200eb) and can be done in any mall in 20minutes and can be used after 4 hours.
information can be downloaded any place at any time maps, stats, manuals, blueprints and many other forms of information are with in seconds away it only takes just a few sort queries.

the main strip of night city is the players home he has lived in the city for 2 years after his parents left him to his own devices when the kick him out [where ever he was living] he some how got sucked into night city, he has a group or regs that he hangs with from time to time. they hang out at the local AR cafe called dark-node. [doing what ever the players type of Yo-Ganges do.] and playing AR games.

Part1
Down in the street, 2 creds left on your credit chip and only 2 days left on your rented coffin near the east marina. you are walking down main street just passing La Croix building looking for some way to get some money. you see a friend of yours that owes you a few credits, His name is Hash Vindaloo a nick that he picked up early in life for being part Indian part Jamaican, he is a classic stoner more worried about fast food and AR games than anything else. hes wearing baggy long black cargo pants white low top shoes and a white shirt that says Reeferreal in gold glowing letters, Hash is on the fat side and has shoulder length tied back dreads and dark skin. Hash is just standing against the wall he appears to be listening to music and smoking a chaf tube.

"Yo Hash!" I say while giving a half bow. Whats the happs?

Hash turns to look in your direction smiles and says "sup man. I been doing slit all. Oh saw that new 4Real movie the other day, lime infiltrators it was fucking wrong, worst movie ever. have you been turning up much?" [turning up much = how are things going]

Y'no, not much, just skint a little more'n usual. Thrown patties jus don cut it.

so is this a social call or is there something hash can help you with?

Im just wondering if I can grab something off you, but I will have to owe you.

He looks over at you and smiles.
what you after?

Whats good? Any specials? I dont think I will be much richer next week, heh.

Ha a little skint aye, never fear i can sort you out man me got some mega-skunk back at my crash give me a ride back to my'n and im happy to shout.

Fer'sure I'll get me' volk an we'll scarper.

You an hash jump on the volk, this is parked at the other end of main street in one of those short term vertical parking stations.
Following your bikes gps nav system which is a heads up Virtuality display that shows the way via a Virtuality red arrow which points out in front of you, you are heading east into the upper east side area then on to a dirty part of the upper marina area.

roll 1d10 + get a clue + int needs 20

[1d10 = 10]
+5+6= 21

you have a feeling you are being watched 3 cars back you see a hover van with a large logo on the side you are certain that you saw this van back at the vertpark.
roll 1d10 + get a clue + int to see if you know the logo. needs 20

"Shit Hash, who'd yah piss off this time?"
"We have a friend, do you want me to ditch em?"

[1d10+5+6 = 10 + 5 + 6 = 21]
(He does it again!)

"fuck man i done nuting, but i think we better fucking take man fucking lose them squares, they look like fucking suits to thats never good. Theres a narrow alley 2 blocks up too your left that leads straight to a road running parallel to this one they will not be able to follow us down it. we can use it to get to my crash and chill there. so fucking leg-it!"

There was a Gen corp logo on the side of the hover van. {Gen corp or its full name Golden Eclipse National is a major software and hardware development company they have offices all over the world as well as one in night city on the upper east side, they where in the news recently for buying out Futuresite a medical R&D company based in night city}

"It sounds like a plan, lets go!"
I shout over the traffic.
"Never come across a good corp!"
Then I open the throttle and take evasive maneuvers.


1d10 + ref + gogo needs 16

[1d10+6+4 = 1 + 6 + 4 = 11]

1d10 + ref + gogo needs 16

[1d10+6+4 = 6 + 6 + 4 = 16]

you almost shit yourself as a hover car blurs out of your blind spot, you swerve to miss it and almost come off the bike but at the last moment you pull it back into line. "what the fuck man i don't want to flatline!" Hash screams. The corner is up-on that leads into the alley. 

I swing the bike around the corner and ask Hash if he thinks they saw us turn.

The bike raws as you burn past the last of the hover traffic just as you reach the corner, you throttle down a touch as you lean into the turn, you attempt to drift around the corner at high speed on the comparably to the standard of the current generation medieval wheeled monster.
"Fuck man, didn't see them just before we jammed into the corner, i think we lost them in the traffic those hover-mobiles cant go out of the edge beacon barriers so i don't think they could of got past the traffic...that is unless they have an illegal freeway chip bypass they could have if they had one of those." Hash replies tensely. as he grips on for dear life.

ok roll 1d10 + ref + gogo needs 16

[1d10+6+4 = 8 + 6 + 4 = 18]

The bike drifts nicely sideways around the corner as you control the throttle carefully untill the bike is pointing straight down the alley then you thrash the throttle down the bike kicks forward and your burning down the alley in a blur of neon and holographics. the gps almost instanlly changes direction from from straight to hard left the arrow blinks for you to turn.

I follow the arrow, and yell for Hash to keep his eyes peeled while I do the same. Then I make my way to Hash's through as many alleys as possible.

With Hash pointing the way while keeping a look out behind, you smoothly blaze through a maze like network of city alleys that are getting progressively dirtier and dirtier till Hash points for you to go down the ramp under the next building on the left, once down the ramp the tunnel opens into a small dirty residents parking area, Hash then points for you to park behind the dumpster over on the far side of the parking area. Once the bike stops he gets the off the back and montions you to follow him into the lift.
"Lets get the fuck up to my floor to my crash and have some bongs man that slit was hell intense i need to relax."


Sounds good bud a bit of chill time could really work about now. (I follow Hash while worriedly looking around me for any sign of a GEN corp ambush.)

The lift stops at the fifteenth floor, you and Hash walk out the elevator down a hall past a number of identical doors till you reach a door marked 1337, Hash then reaches into his pocket and pulls out a red transparent card that he swipes through the door lock, there is a buzzing sound then the door unlocks and swings open. Hash's crash is a quad coffin which is a a small five meter wide ten meter long and around two and a half meters high room. In the room there is a small fridge in one corner and a food replicator beside it, at the other end or the room is a shabby temper foam mattress with a few cruddy blankets sprawled over it, also there are a few plastic crates used for chairs and a very badly worn couch, there is a small badly marked plastic table is in the centre of the room with some uses coke cans on it and, there is also a large 42" paper thin TV duct taped to the wall opposite the couch. Hash grabs two retro flavored cokes out of his fridge and hands you one, he then sits down and motions for you to do the same. Hash commands at the TV, "TV on! channel 23, volume 24" some pop music blares out at far to high a volume. "fucking TV, volume 24!" the TVs volume decreases. Hash reaches down under the table and grabs out a bong and shiny silver bowl full of weed and puts it up on the table, "all right then lets down some chop" he packs the cone pulls the bong in one toke packs it again then passes it to the you.

I take a little puff on the bong, taking about half the cone.
As Im doin that I access the net and check my work roster and see if I have any messages.

As you exhale the smoke you are immediately feeling fuzzy the world feels like its echoing towards you down what appears to be a white fuzzy edged undulating tunnel you can feel your self drooping downwards but at the same time you are buzzing euphorically.
You mentally log into your browser program which makes a small blue colored panel pop into view in front of your face, you stare at it as if you have no idea why your looking at it, your brain kicks out of the purple haze your logged into your personal work-space, on the windowed panel there are a number of icons you mentally selects the Mcburger linking icon for your work roster, the work roster page flicks into view, your eyes immediately fix on to the 3d dancing cartoon burger at the top of the page, you stare at it for a while with a vacant grin on your face but you eventually snap out of it and look at your roster, the roster is not showing any shifts for the next three day. Quickly flicking back to your workspace you select the icon for your email account, the site flashes open, there are no unread emails in your in box, but as that thought finishes a email downloads into your inbox,it has no subject and the return address is blocked.

Mmm after dazedly pondering the email, I decide to do a little scan with an antivirus or the equvalent to check for hidden nasties

You run a scanning program on the email, it shows no clear signs at this stage of dangerous content but there is no information on how big the file even is, no trace of information can be found at this stage.

roll 1d10+int+get a clue. twice
need 20 for scan
need 16 to hear guys at door

[1d10+5+6 = 6 + 5 + 6 = 17]
[1d10+5+6 = 1 + 5 + 6 = 12]

Doing a deeper scan still does not show anything up on the email you are still unsure if it is dangerous.

"You going to get on with smoking that bong, or are you going to use it to sing a song, fucking bong Bogarting bastard." Hash jokes,
but just then, there comes a loud knock at the door.

"Who the fuck is it" Hash yells.

Fuck man its your pad, Go get it yourself dick. Shit wait!
SHhh! Is there any way to see who it is without opening it?

Yeah there is I'm looking Now, here look show no ones there, {Hash shows you a vid panel}

roll 1d10+int+get a clue

[1d10+6+5 = 4 + 6 + 5 = 15] Thas fucked Hash gimme.

Hash grabs the bong and bowl and chucks it under the table and grabs a near by towel and throws it over the table which barley conceals the implement but does nothing at all for the smell. " Who the fuck is it." Hash reaches down the side of the couch and pulls out a small hand gun "theres another one down the other side, grab it you might need it."

there is no reply from anybody out side.
roll 1do+int+get a clue. needs 16

I grab the gun. "Is there a back way out Hash," I ask him as I check the pistol is loaded.
[1d10+6+5 = 3 + 6 + 5 = 14]

Cam snake under door

Hash shouts again "fucking mute tard, who the fucks there." just as Hash utters the last syllable there is a small bang then smoke and the door comes crashing in, Hash dodges and just miss the door.
roll 1d10+ref+jockstuff to see you payer dodges door needs 14

[1d10+6+5 = 9 + 6 + 5 = 20]

You easily dodge the door as it sored past and landed smashing the plastic table and the bong to bits. As the smoke clears you see two solid men dressed in riot gear move in through the door single file both are carrying some sort of square headed rifle shaped device in their hands and pointing them at Hash and your self. One shouts "right kid-trash your fucking coming with us and its going to be painful."
roll initiative -1
1d10+ref+any bonus you got.
corps got 6

[1d10+6 = 6 + 6 = 12]

you attact first

I crouch behind some furniture and take a shot at the nearest one.

roll 1d10+ref+streetfight

[1d10 +6+6 = 8 + 6 + 6 = 20]

you hit the closest intruder square in the chest with your shot,

roll 1d10

[1d10 = 6]

Your bullet hits the closest intruder square in the chest, but the riot gear holds fast and stops the bullet, but it appears you have winded him and he doubles over and falls to the ground.
Hash also fires a shot and hits the other intruder in the shoulder pad, this only manages to knock the riot gear clad intruder back and he quickly rights him self then fires his rifle at Hash, a super fast stream of red foam fires from the gun this stream hits Hash around the chest and arms and rapidly hardens around restraining him

Fuck, I blast away at the guy who foamed hash.

roll 1d10+ref+streetfight

[1d10+6+6 = 7 + 6 + 6 = 19]

You hit the intruder left standing with a shot to his visor.

roll 1d10

[1d10 = 1]

your shot rebounds off the intruders visor and hit the wall, half a second passes as you both look at each other then the intruder fires and hits you with a jet of red foam,the foam quickly expands and hardens restraining your upper body.

the other intruder starts to rise to his feet again but Hash charges at him, with his arms still restrained he plows the intruder over but tumbles over with him out the door, the intruders riot foam gun clatters to the ground.

I am going to try and kick the intruder that got me in the nuts as hard as I can!

roll 1d10+ref+streetfighter -2 for your upper body being restrained

[1d10+6+4 = 2 + 6 + 4 = 12]

roll 1d6

[1d6 = 4]

you swing your foot and kick the intruder cleanly in the groin with enough force to turn the intruder into a falsetto singer for the rest of his life but you are surprised when there is very little reaction, and to add injury to insult you now have a sore foot. the intruder shoots your legs with he foam gun, the foam rapidly hardens your legs are now restrained.

Hash and the knocked over intruder are stuck together on the ground, the intruder is trying to force hash off him, but is having no luck the foam bond is to strong.

I will fix the intruder with my evilest emoevil eye and tell him he is in over his head and if he wants remain amongst the breathing, he better release me and my friend. (Use Deathwalk in other words to psych the fucker out.)

roll 1d10+cool+deathwalk

[1d10+6+5 = 2 + 6 + 5 = 13]

he stares at you for a few seconds but shakes his head at you and rips a round patch off the arm of his riot jacket and thumbs it hard to your head, you start felling very woozy

roll 1d10 + body

the intruder and Hash are still on the ground but the intruder is now undoing his riot jacket to get free.

[1d10 = 6]+6=12

you manage to stay conscious but heavily effected buy the drug, this is manly because of the amount of drugs you normally intake you seem to be some what tolerant to the knock out derm but you are swaying a bit.

I try to manuever myself so I can see what is happening to Hash.

you hop half a foot to the left and lean out to see him, Hash is still on the ground with the intruders abandoned jacket still stuck to him, the intruder is now up, he pulls out a small black tube which is only just longer than the width of the hand he was holding it in.
He then points one end of the tube down towards Hash, there was a sharp popping sound as the small clawed disk, no bigger than a finger width in size shoots from the end pointing at Hash and latched onto the red foam. The intruder smiles down at Hash "remember what i said earlier about pain, well here it comes kid trash"said the intruder, there was an loud electric crack and blood curdling scream as the intruder shocked the red foam with the small latched on link delivering 40000volts direct to the skin.
your vision is badly tunneling and blotchy, microscopic white lights are flying across your field of vision, you feel like your going to pass out.
the other intruder pulls out a black tube and shoots you with a linker " fucking goth trash, scum eat this freak!" 40000volts surge through your system.
roll 1d0 + body .

[1d10+6 = 3 + 6 = 9]

The world quickly fades to black as you pass out from the pain.

you have a strange blurry dream of bright lights and pain muffled voices digital sounds,then it all fades away again now there is only darkness.

Part2

Coming too a after a quick flash of sharp pain after being pasted out for a indeterminable length of time you find yourself lying in a bouncing and shaking box of some kind there is no light at all but you can feel a slight breeze and the mechanical hum but other than that you cant hear anything, your hands are tied behind your back and you can also feel some thing painfully clamped to the back of your head spikes digging into your skin.

I will try to shift around and use my legs to gage the size of the box and see if Hash is in here with me.

you try to move but the box is pretty close around you, there is no one else in the box with you, there is a sharp bump and you bounce up a bit in the box and land hard against the base

I see if I can connected to any networks through my v links.

As you try to connect to the network you feel an intensely sharp pain from the back of your head from the clamp, you cant access the network it feels like static in your head.

Nothing much happens for 10 minutes or so, you are just getting thrown around inside the metal box with constant motion, but then there is a sudden sharp stop of motion and you smash up against one end of the box feet first,
This is followed by an intensely searing heat almost to much to with stand, there is a red glow down by your feet and you smell your shoes starting to melt and burn.

I quickly scramble against the far end of the box and pull my feet away from the glowing end.

you curl your self up the best you can in the cramped space and manage to get away from most of the heat, the breeze that was pumping through the box has stopped and all can smell now is the acrid fumes of your shoes burning and because this the air in the box is starting to become non breathable.

roll 1d10 + cool

[1d10+6 = 5 + 6 = 11]

you start to freak out, you have an over whelming feeling that you are going to die you start punching and scratching at the roof of the box, you are almost passing out from the fumes, you feel as all hope is gone, this is where you are to die in a box in the dark poisoned by the acrid fumes of your own shoes.

but then as you hang over the brink of annihilation almost falling into the void, a voice calls to you from far away, it calls your name through a static haze in your mind stopping you from descending into the void.

just then the box opens blinding bright light floods in follow by cool fresh air, you gasp for breath, you are alive.

a silhouette of a tall figure looms over you.

"Whha! Whoo the fuck!"

You are not wounded in any physical way by the ordeal, just some slightly melted and slightly burnt shoes.

you stare into

the distance as your eyes start to focus the light, the figure is still there and it speaks to you in hash's voice "fuck man, are you alright, you look like you where flat lining man, so yeah ah, this guys going to help you out man, the Hash's voice human shaped blur motioned towards a humanoid shaped blur beside him it leans in, you are shocked when you hear a simulated voice of a Bionetekin "take it easy im just going to check you over with this mass scanner for bugs or tracking devices, can you feel anything attached any where it should not be there?"

"Not that I know of, what happened how did you get away Hash?" I reply as I look around, then ask. "And what the fuck is going on!"

The Bionetekin replies, "we hit the van with a thermite grenade so we could retrieve yourself and Mr Hash."

a-he runs the scanner over your body everything seems to be fine until a-he reaches your head, "scan shows that you have a v-link inhibitor clamp on the back of you head, this needs to be removed but it can not be remove here, we are going to have to wait till we return to the facility house to remove it, so get up, we have to leave this location."

the face of the bionetekin is clear to you now, the smooth, slightly grayish skinned face with very plain features looks down at you with concern then walks off and motions you to follow.


Following the Biotenekin I turn to hash and say, "what the fuck have you got us into Hash?"
Turning back to the Biotenkin I ask, "who do you work for and what do you want from us?"

"I have no fucking idea what the hell this guy wants man, but he seems to want to help us." replies Hash

"I do not as you say work for any one, i do not get monetary compensation for doing this, i do it to help, but all this will be explained later, you must also know your free to go at any time, but i will remind you that you have a v-link inhibitor latched on to the back of your head and the corp guards would track you down and catch you straight away the inhibitors need to be removed and we can do that back at the facility house if you wish to follow" replies the bionetekin.

the bionetekin stop and look directly at you as if waiting for a reply

Mason pouts and glares at the bionetekin a little longer before rolling his eyes and shrugging his shoulders.

"Fuck, sure, why the hell not I aint got much more to lose."


Last edited by cro5point on Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
cro5point
Admin

Posts : 697
Join date : 2010-05-29

View user profile http://nod666.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: FALLING SKIES 001 (cyber generation)

Post  cro5point on Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:48 am

The Bionetekin has moved away from the wreckage of the van and is heading towards a storm water drain that is tunneled into the side of the hill.
He motions you to follow.

Roll 1D10 + GetAClue+GenSpeak
avatar
cro5point
Admin

Posts : 697
Join date : 2010-05-29

View user profile http://nod666.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: FALLING SKIES 001 (cyber generation)

Post  cro5point on Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:58 am

The member 'Mr Nay' has done the following action : Dice

'd10' :

Result : 4+7
avatar
cro5point
Admin

Posts : 697
Join date : 2010-05-29

View user profile http://nod666.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: FALLING SKIES 001 (cyber generation)

Post  cro5point on Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:37 pm

as you follow the Bionetekin a man that was sitting on the front left seat of the van comes too and starts screaming, his right arm and right leg and part of his hip are melted away it looks like the van was hit by a thermite grenade. Shocked
avatar
cro5point
Admin

Posts : 697
Join date : 2010-05-29

View user profile http://nod666.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: FALLING SKIES 001 (cyber generation)

Post  Mr Nay on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:12 pm

The world hasnt done any favours for Mason, but under it all he is still a decent guy.
Hating himself for being a sap, Mason asks if the Bionetekin has any any med-progs or pain suppressors for the screaming man as he looks around worriedly and listens for sirens.

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Posts : 1000
Join date : 2010-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FALLING SKIES 001 (cyber generation)

Post  cro5point on Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:55 am

the bionetekin kneels down and looks at the screaming man he produces a small round disk 1cm across from a bag and places it on the mans head who then stops screaming and passes out. "there clean up team will be here soon we have to leave now." he then stands up and moves towards the large stormdrain.
avatar
cro5point
Admin

Posts : 697
Join date : 2010-05-29

View user profile http://nod666.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: FALLING SKIES 001 (cyber generation)

Post  Mr Nay on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:20 am

"No probs, lead the way plastic-fantastic."

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Posts : 1000
Join date : 2010-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FALLING SKIES 001 (cyber generation)

Post  cro5point on Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:49 pm

The storm drain you enter are 4 meters wide plascret pipe that enters into the underground liquid waste system
Roll 1D10 + GetAClue+GenSpeak
avatar
cro5point
Admin

Posts : 697
Join date : 2010-05-29

View user profile http://nod666.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: FALLING SKIES 001 (cyber generation)

Post  Mr Nay on Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:28 pm

(Ooc; do you mean 1d10+GetAClue+INT/1d10+skill+attribute?)

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Posts : 1000
Join date : 2010-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FALLING SKIES 001 (cyber generation)

Post  cro5point on Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:50 am

(Ooc you roll 1d10 then you add getaclue which is 5 then add genspeak which is 2 so 7 plus the roll of 1d10)
avatar
cro5point
Admin

Posts : 697
Join date : 2010-05-29

View user profile http://nod666.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: FALLING SKIES 001 (cyber generation)

Post  Mr Nay on Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:51 am

But only one skill can be used per task, that would be adding a slang skill (genspeak/used to talk behind adults backs) to a perception skill (getaclue.)
Is the task language or awareness based?
Sorry if I sound bitchy, I'm not. Just a bit confused.

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Posts : 1000
Join date : 2010-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FALLING SKIES 001 (cyber generation)

Post  cro5point on Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:27 am

(Ooc ok i see what you mean. we will go with the below one then, i guess it does not really make a different your just trying to recognize a tag on the wall)

1d10+Getaclue+int

avatar
cro5point
Admin

Posts : 697
Join date : 2010-05-29

View user profile http://nod666.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: FALLING SKIES 001 (cyber generation)

Post  Mr Nay on Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:14 am

(Ooc: Ah I see. That makes sense Getaclue to spot things.)

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Posts : 1000
Join date : 2010-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FALLING SKIES 001 (cyber generation)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum