nod666
Welcome to your doom.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

nod666
Welcome to your doom.
nod666
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MotW: Solemn Quietus

+2
Marklaah
Chucky
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

MotW: Solemn Quietus Empty MotW: Solemn Quietus

Post  Chucky Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:35 am

The story begins with our heroes on the road to Caryville. Word is that is where the End of Days will start. Your job is to stop it from happening. There's no one else who can. It's all on you guys.

You're a couple of hours out from Caryville. What is everybody doing?
Chucky
Chucky
Player

Back to top Go down

MotW: Solemn Quietus Empty Re: MotW: Solemn Quietus

Post  Marklaah Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:12 pm

Jake seems to be resting whilst listening intently. Every now and then checking his bag to make sure he got everything.

Marklaah
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Runkies Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:00 am

Mr Anderson finishes cleaning his gun and paces back and forth
Runkies
Runkies
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  AllHailZod Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:04 am

Maddie rests her head on one hand as she stares out the tinted glass of Anderson's truck, the engine so quiet it almost seems to be idling as the mile markers to Caryville relentlessly count down. Her mp3's music is audible to the other passengers despite her earbuds but Maddie doesn't even seem to be listening to the heavy metal. The young woman is wearing a pair of torn jeans, steel-cap boots and a scuffed red-leather jacket over an old, black 'Slayer' band t-shirt. Her black hair has recently been roughly cut short, creating an an overall boyish appearance. Her large, blue eyes are troubled and it looks like she hasn't been sleeping too well lately. The music abruptly cuts out and Maddie checks the battery level and sighs before dumping the player into the glove compartment.

A few moments pass in silence and Maddie begins fidgeting almost immediately, becoming increasingly agitated before she turns around in her seat and looks back at Jake, her nervous energy is obvious.
"Hey, Jake. Tell me what's so special about Caryville anyway? Was the town built as a giant pentagram by some crazy architect or some shit like that? The way I see it, there's not too much of anything out this way. If the world really is going to break open, shouldn't it happen somewhere with nuclear waste or something?" Without waiting for an answer she turns her attention to Drune and, as always, he catches her gaze immediately with those freaky green eyes of his.
"What do the prophecies say about Cary-azyville, Sir Plantsalot? We talking fundie angels and demons glassing each other or is Cthulhu just going to suck everyone's brains out?"
AllHailZod
AllHailZod
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nay Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:25 pm

Looking his companions over Drune once again marvels at the range of variety and sheer potential humans possess, for a mob of uppity apes they haven't done too bad (which reminds him he has to pay Ghannah for losing that wager- before she comes to collect.)

Take Maddison for example, she will be the crux, the piviot point that will determine the fate of the world, yet her mind and body are a cauldron of anxiety and insecurity, yet contain a hidden power. Ah the irony of the Sisters and their subtle weave (Naarl's five forked tongue! Thinking of fate and irony causes Ghannah's wager to pop unbidden into his mind, Drune really doesnt want to be flayed again- it took so long for his skin to grow back last time.)

Maddies gaze stings Drune's neck, bringing his attention back.
'Girl, I have no idea where the Ending will begin, all we have is the word of an eyeless seer possessed by at least seven different entities, not all of them human.'

Drune leans close to Maddie green eyes blazing.
'But the thoughtsongs of the Sisters showed you and I holding back the darkness while Jake was doing somethin, then a blinding light emanating from youand then darkness.'

'What is truthulhoo?'

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Chucky Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:52 pm

There is a large semi-trailer on the road ahead of you. It's been there for about half and hour now going 5 below the speed limit. Every time Mr Anderson tries to overtake it the road bends and the opportunity is lost. Suddenly the semi lurches to the right and comes to an abrupt stop after plowing straight through several trees. A small camper van coming the opposite direction gets distracted by the crash and slightly veers onto your side of the road.

Mr Anderson roll Act Under Pressure to avoid hitting the camper van yet still keep your truck on the road.
(I'm assuming you're driving the truck.)
Chucky
Chucky
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Runkies Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:07 pm

Rolling
Runkies
Runkies
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  diceman Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:07 pm

The member 'Runkies' has done the following action : Dices

'd6' :
MotW: Solemn Quietus Dice1 MotW: Solemn Quietus Dice4
diceman
diceman
Seasoned Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Chucky Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:49 am

Okay Mr Anderson has a choice. He can either keep the truck on the road, hit the camper van which will injure your team but your truck will be fine OR miss the camper van by veering off and hitting a tree which will take your van out of commission for a while but the airbags will save your team from harm.
Your choice.
Chucky
Chucky
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Runkies Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:22 am

In the split second he has Mr Anderson decides to avoid hitting the campervan and veers off the road
Runkies
Runkies
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  AllHailZod Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:48 am

Maddie holds a hand up to her face, the fingers hanging down like tentacles. She makes a burbling, sucking noise and Drune's eyebrow raises a fraction.
"H.P. Lovecraft. Dead author who wrote about all kinds of twisted shit. You'd love it." The approaching campervan's headlights give a split second warning before the truck swerves off the road. "Holy FUCK!" Maddie scrambles to stabilise herself from her awkward reversed position in the driver-passenger's seat.
AllHailZod
AllHailZod
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Chucky Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:47 pm

The truck smashes into a tree not far from the crashed semi-trailer. You all look around to find everyone okay, despite some bumps and bruises. The camper van continues on down the highway not even slowing to see if anyone survived the crash.
It's fairly clear that the truck is in bad shape, it won't be running any time soon.
You hear a woman cry out, 'Uncle Rod, wake up Uncle Rod! Hello? Someone please help me. My Uncle is hurt!'
You can see a young woman, barely in her twenties, in the cab of the semi-trailer. The driver, presumably her uncle is in the drivers seat rigid and unmoving.

What are you doing?
Chucky
Chucky
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  AllHailZod Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:17 pm

Maddie'll jump out of the car and head cautiously over to the semi-trailer, giving a finger and an insult to the rapidly vanishing camper-van along the way.
AllHailZod
AllHailZod
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Runkies Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:50 am

Mr Anderson looks over the truck it's not looking good but with time I'm sure we can get it going again
Runkies
Runkies
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nay Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:17 am

Stuck behind his airbag, Drune waits until Maddie gets out then vanishes reappearing at Maddie's shoulder.
Without a word Drune takes uncle Rod's hand and rests his palm over his eyes, looking from Maddie to the girl his eyes glow green as the vital essence of millenia old forests flows into the wounded man.

(ooc: rolling Lay on Hands)

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Back to top Go down

Post  diceman Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:17 am

The member 'Mr Nay' has done the following action : Dices

'd6' :
MotW: Solemn Quietus Dice5 MotW: Solemn Quietus Dice3
diceman
diceman
Seasoned Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Marklaah Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:05 pm

Jake heads over to the young lady to ask her who she is and if she is ok?. (half grinning in a creepy manner)

Marklaah
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  AllHailZod Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:21 pm

Maddie looks from Drune to the old man then over to Jake talking to the trucker's niece.
"You got him, Dru? Jake's got that weird look on his face again, I might need to do damage control."

(Maddie stays with Drune but is distracted by Jake's interaction until the current actions are resolved)
AllHailZod
AllHailZod
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Chucky Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:12 am

After a thorough looking over, Mr Anderson discovers that all the truck needs is a bit of body work, a new bonnet and a replacement fan belt, then she'll be as good as.. she was.
The teenage girl looks from Jake to Maddie to Drune, 'I'm Paula. This here is my Uncle Rod. He's all I have in the world. Please tell me he's gunna be alright. He just froze up on me back there. Please help him.'
Jake feels like she's holding back some information if not lying outright.
As the healing energy flows into Uncle Rod, Drune feels a supernatural paralysis loosen it's hold on the trucker and fade away. Rod's eyes flicker and then open slowly, 'Where the heck am I?' He looks at Drune, 'Who the feck are you? What's going on here?'
Paula runs to her uncle and wraps her arms round him, tears streaming down her face.

What are you doing?
Chucky
Chucky
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Marklaah Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:39 am

Jake scratches his non existent beard which is his tell tale sign that he doesnt believe someone.
Jake has a quiet word to Maddie "Something isnt right here, Paula is deceiving us"
Jake pulls out his Flashlight and checks the surrounding area for anything that may help repair the van.

Marklaah
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  AllHailZod Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:42 am

Maddie narrow her eyes as she watches Paula hug the confused Uncle Rod, Jake's instincts are never wrong.
"Something's not right here, Drune. I think we need to investigate a mystery."
AllHailZod
AllHailZod
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  diceman Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:42 am

The member 'AllHailZod' has done the following action : Dices

'd6' :
MotW: Solemn Quietus Dice5 MotW: Solemn Quietus Dice3
diceman
diceman
Seasoned Player

Back to top Go down

Post  AllHailZod Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:51 am

Maddie shares a private word with Drune.
"I've got a bad feeling about this, Jake's getting weird vibes off the girl. Can you look after the trucker, Drune? I'll try and see what Paula's up to."

Maddie approaches Paula and Rod and calls Paula away.
"Hey, Paula. I'm Maddie. Your uncle's gonna be fine, my friend here is a really good doctor. Can you please come with me? we need to give them some a bit of room so my friend can make sure he's treated properly."
AllHailZod
AllHailZod
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  AllHailZod Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:55 am

[OOC: Everyone, please feel free to interrupt my actions if there's something you'd rather do or say. I don't want to railroad anyone but I do want to keep the pace up!]
AllHailZod
AllHailZod
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Marklaah Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:10 am

(OOC: really new to this guys please bare with me Smile )
With everyone seemingly distracted Jake tries to take an opportunity to rummage through the Semi Trailer for information about who they are or what they are up to.

Marklaah
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum