nod666
Welcome to your doom.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

nod666
Welcome to your doom.
nod666
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Lone Wolf IC Thread] The Merchant's Tale

+3
cro5point
Chucky
Mr Nay
7 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

[Lone Wolf IC Thread] The Merchant's Tale Empty [Lone Wolf IC Thread] The Merchant's Tale

Post  Mr Nay Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:05 am

You are all summoned by your Kai Master Stormsong. He is an older, taciturn man who has trained you throughout your lives.
It is a crisp winter's morning and as the sun rises over the walls of the Kai Monastery you all stand before him in the courtyard.

'My blessed Kai monks,' he begins. 'We have a small task for you. A merchant has come to us for aid and we have need of your skills. He claims his cargo wagon was attacked by murderous bandits and they have stolen his goods. He has provided us with the location. It is only a few miles to the west of our very walls. You are to go there, find out the truth and recover his cargo if you can.'

He waits for a few moments and seems to be testing you, will you ask questions or not?

[Lone Wolf IC Thread] The Merchant's Tale 184613_457554594298260_625742284_n

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Back to top Go down

[Lone Wolf IC Thread] The Merchant's Tale Empty Re: [Lone Wolf IC Thread] The Merchant's Tale

Post  Chucky Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:19 am

True Shield places his fist over his heart and bows curtly. He then makes ready to leave and returns to the courtyard with his shield strapped to his left forearm, sword sheathed at his hip and his pack on his back. He stands patiently at the gates awaiting his compatriots.
Chucky
Chucky
Player

Back to top Go down

[Lone Wolf IC Thread] The Merchant's Tale Empty Re: [Lone Wolf IC Thread] The Merchant's Tale

Post  cro5point Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:45 am

I am happy to help a fellow man anytime but why are these merchants goods so important master, what are they?
cro5point
cro5point
Admin

https://nod666.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  DylanBL Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:14 am

Sword Dancer recites his heartfelt oath of fealty to both Kai (God of the Sun) and Ishir (Goddess of the Moon), and with the next breath issues his curse upon all followers of Naar, the evil God of Darkness.

He then bows to his Master, Lord Stormsong, before taking his leave to join his fellow monk True Shield in the courtyard.

There is no need to make further preparation to leave, as Sword Dancer is always carrying everything he owns at all times, and is in a constant, slightly agitated permanent state of readiness for combat.
DylanBL
DylanBL
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nay Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:44 pm

cro5point wrote:I am happy to help a fellow man anytime but why are these merchants goods so important master, what are they?

They were important trade goods for far off shores. Silk and spices from Dessi, steel from Lencia, Ember Ale from Durenor and carved toys from Ruanon.

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Runkies Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:06 pm

Mr Nay wrote:
They were important trade goods for far off shores. Silk and spices from Dessi, steel from Lencia, Ember Ale from Durenor and carved toys from Ruanon.

Sun Star says Why is this important to us ?
While slowly preparing his backpack and weapons
Runkies
Runkies
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nay Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:00 pm

Stormsong sighs and slows his breathing before turning to Sun Star.

'We are Kai, we have been chosen and gifted by the powers to protect and kindle the light against the forces of darkness. Damnit boy, sometimes I wonder what the gods were thinking when they planted the seeds of greatness in you.'

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Back to top Go down

Post  cro5point Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:59 pm

Rune heart takes a look over the other kia then looks at his master "i am ready as it would appear are the other monks, if it is west you would have us go then west we will go, is there anything else you wish to tell us?"
cro5point
cro5point
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AllHailZod Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:44 am

Moon Fire looks up from checking her equipment to look at up at Stormsong with a puzzled expression on her face.

"I'm sorry, master, but did I hear correctly? A few miles to the west? There's nothing beyond our walls that way but the Durncrag mountains! Why would a merchant stray so far from the safety of the King's highway?"

She wrinkles her brow in concentration and frowns slightly, "Lencia and Dessi are on opposite sides of Magnamund. He's traveled a very long way only to fall foul of bandits here in Sommerlund. I wouldn't wish his luck on anyone."
AllHailZod
AllHailZod
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nay Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:14 am

AllHailZod wrote:Moon Fire looks up from checking her equipment to look at up at Stormsong with a puzzled expression on her face.

"I'm sorry, master, but did I hear correctly? A few miles to the west? There's nothing beyond our walls that way but the Durncrag mountains! Why would a merchant stray so far from the safety of the King's highway?"

She wrinkles her brow in concentration and frowns slightly, "Lencia and Dessi are on opposite sides of Magnamund. He's traveled a very long way only to fall foul of bandits here in Sommerlund. I wouldn't wish his luck on anyone."

'Your ears are as sharp as your spear Moon Fire, those are the directions the merchant gave me.
It seems our friend is not much of a pathfinder, from what he has told me I have been able to determine that he came east from the main road.'

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Back to top Go down

Post  AllHailZod Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:19 am

Moon Fire gives Stormsong a calculating look, what isn't he telling them? If this is a test of their abilities, surely there's more to it than this. Moon Fire looks back at her fellow Kai initiates impatiently waiting at the gate, weighing up their collected skills.

"I take it you believe that this will come to blood-shed? It would be helpful to know how many bandits attacked his caravan so we can plan our approach to their camp with more care, did he provide an approximate number of our foes? In regards to recovering the cargo, I doubt we could carry an entire merchant's wagon of goods in our backpacks if there are no working carts available. Is there any particular object of note our merchant friend would dearly like us to assure the safety of?"
AllHailZod
AllHailZod
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nay Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:30 am

'The merchant was a little emotional during the attack and isnt the most reliable witness.
From what I can gather there were no more than half a dozen masked bandits.
If the wagon is beyond repair, the merchant assures me it should take no more than four strong men, er, Kai to carry it between them.'

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Back to top Go down

Post  AllHailZod Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:54 am

"How fortunate for us," Mutters Moon Fire under her breath. She bows to Stormsong and in a louder voice says, "I have no further questions, master. I will join the others immediately."

Shouldering her equipment, she jogs to the gate to regroup with the other initiates.
AllHailZod
AllHailZod
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  cro5point Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:53 am

"master where is this man now maybe we can track his path?"
cro5point
cro5point
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nay Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:51 pm

cro5point wrote:"master where is this man now maybe we can track his path?"

'He is resting now Rune Heart, the whole experience has overwhelmed him,'
he hands Rune Heart a scroll,
'I have made a crude map that shows where I believe the general location of the attack was, but between Sun Star and True Shield, I think you will have little trouble finding it.'

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nay Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:53 pm

'It is time that you were about your task; we have many students who require our attention. I cannot stress the importance of even the smallest job that we give you. I will speak to you upon your return.'

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Chucky Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:37 pm

True Shield pushes open the heavy gates and sets off west from the monastery. He keeps his eyes peeled, ready for danger and his shield arm limber, ready to defend his brothers.
Chucky
Chucky
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nay Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:53 am

Once you leave the safety of the Kai Monastery, the rest of Sommerlund beckons in all directions; frosty winds blow against your faces and the air is fresh. A dim yellow sun pokes through the thick white cloud cover and barely warms the land below.
You walk through the surrounding landscape for a few miles.

(OOC; All of you roll 1D10)

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Runkies Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:54 am

Sun Star follows out the gate with his comrades
Runkies
Runkies
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  diceman Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:54 am

The member 'Runkies' has done the following action : Dices

'd10' :
[Lone Wolf IC Thread] The Merchant's Tale Dice7
diceman
diceman
Seasoned Player

Back to top Go down

Post  DylanBL Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:53 am

Sword Dancer walks out of the courtyard alongside his companions
DylanBL
DylanBL
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  cro5point Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:45 am

rolling for leaving
cro5point
cro5point
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  diceman Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:45 am

The member 'cro5point' has done the following action : Dices

'0-9d' :
[Lone Wolf IC Thread] The Merchant's Tale Dice6
diceman
diceman
Seasoned Player

Back to top Go down

[Lone Wolf IC Thread] The Merchant's Tale Empty All of you

Post  Mr Nay Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:19 pm

You can see the undergrowth has been pushed aside; a body of some girth has passed through here at some speed. The bracken has been broken and several small branches are torn to indicate this must be where the merchant fled.

You finally come to the roadside and it seems clear, but it is definitely the spot where the merchant was attacked.

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Back to top Go down

Post  AllHailZod Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:00 am

Moon Fire surveys the broken undergrowth, as speaks. "At least we won't have any difficulty finding the cart! I suggest Sun Star and Sword Dancer scout ahead, they are the most stealthy of us."
AllHailZod
AllHailZod
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next